- 8.30-09.00am: Our guide will meet you at your hotel and the Cu Chi Tunnels Half Day Excursion begins. We depart from Ho Chi Minh City to the Cu Chi Tunnels, stopping at a lacquer art factory for the disabled along the way.
- The tunnel system was an excellent way for the Vietcong to move around the countryside undetected by the Americans and was home to around 10,000 people, who lived underground for several years. You will visit Cu Chi Tunnels Historical Monument to understand what the protracted and arduous struggle was about.
- We arrive in Cu Chi Tunnels (Ben Dinh), then we will watch a wartime propaganda film showing how local guerilla fighters were “American Killing Heroes” (a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed).
- We then spend the next hour exploring the maze of tunnels in Cu Chi. Also on display are various mantraps and the remains of an American tank, as well as numerous bomb craters made by 500 pound bombs dropped from above by B52 bombers.
- You can try firing an AK47, on a live firing range, at your own cost.
- At 02.30pm & 3.00pm, we arrive back in Ho Chi Minh City and your Cu Chi Tunnels Half Day Excursion ends.