About Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City was the old capital of South Vietnam, known as Saigon, but since the reunification of the country it has changed its name. The bustling place has many sites to see in the city region and its surrounds. Modernity has meant that some ancient places have been surrounded by skyscrapers, which add to the delight of the former capital.
Attractions Ho Chi Minh City
There is a plethora of sites to see and things to do in Ho Chi Minh City, and tourists will find there is not enough hours in the day to see them all. Some of the sites are listed below,
- One of the highlights of the city is Pham Ngu Lao area, here you will find many accommodations, bars, shops and it an easy walk to Ben Thanh Market, where you can find any article you are searching for.
- War Remnants Museum: to discover the Vietnamese story of the war years.
- Vietnam History Museum: to see the collection of historical treasures and artifacts
- Southern Women’s Museum: displaying the part women have played in the country’s history
- Reunification Palace: formally the Presidential Palace where the historical conflict was finalized.
- Dong Khoi Street: stroll along the modern up-market street where most shops are full of designer labels.
- The Catholic Church and Post Office: built by the French in the days of their Colonialisation of Vietnam
- Cao Dai Temple: visit the colourful temple and witness the fusion of religious faiths takes place
- Cu Chi Tunnels: Explore the tunnel system of the Viet Cong, used with great effect during the years of war.
- Park Hyatt Saigon
- InterContinental Asiana Saigon
- Caravelle Hotel
- Ma Maison Boutique Hotel
- Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel
- Ngoc Linh Hotel
- Elegant Inn
- Ichiban Sushi Vietnam
- Baba’s Kitchen
- Hum Vegetarian, Cafe & Restaurant
- El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse
- Five Oysters
- BB Banh Mi & Cafe
- Phan’s Custom Tailoring
- Mekong Quilts – Mekong Creations
- Bao Silk
- Ben Thanh Market
- Ipa-Nima(Dong Khoi St.)
- Heart Beat Saigon
- Cargo Bar
- Sax N Art Jazz Club
- Cold Beer Club
- Angel Billards Club
- Rex Hotel Rooftop Bar