About the Mekong Delta
The Mekong Delta is the region in southwestern Vietnam where the Mekong River approaches and empties into the sea through a network of tributaries. The Delta region encompasses a large portion of southwestern Vietnam, 39,000 square kms in all, and is commonly known as the “food bowl of the nation” because of the abundance of rice, fruits and other commodities grown in the fertile soils there. It is home to 18 million inhabitants who work in the many industries the region sustains. There are many sites to see and much to do in this productive region.
- BEN TRE: Ben Tre Province is located 85 km South of Ho Chi Minh City in the Mekong River Delta. Ben Tre Province provides some of the most beautiful scenery in the region. The waters wind their way along small channels lined with water palms, thatch and bamboo houses are nestled in the lush orchards.
- CAN THO: Can Tho, is situated in the center of the Mekong Delta, on the Hua River, where the extensive canals make for a pleasant boat ride, and the nearby floating markets offer authentic goods and exotic local fruit.
Attractions of the region
- Floating market
- If you make your way to the Mekong Delta, the floating markets offer an insight into a world where the people live, trade, and exchange goods at colourful, bustling markets, all taking place on the waters.
- Nga Nam Floating Market
- Every floating market in the Mekong Delta differs from each other, in produce and other commodities .
- Ninh Kieu dock
- Can Tho City lies along one of the biggest rivers in Mekong Delta, the Hau river, and has many tourist attractions in its surrounds.
- Tan Long Stork Garden
- One of the off-the-beaten-path track sites, the Tan Long Stork Garden deserves all your attention, to see what a typical Mekong Delta landscape looks like
- Coconut candy factory
- Visits of the factory, where you see the women making the handmade candy is free, and you can taste the delicious candy.
- Victoria Can Tho Resort (Can Tho province)
- Nam Bo Boutique Hotel (Can Tho province)
- Hotel Xoai (Can Tho province)
- Mekong Lodge (Tien Giang province)
- Mekong Riverside Boutique Resort & Spa (Cai Be province)
- Viet Uc Hotel (Ben Tre province)
- Song Tien Hotel (My Tho province)
- Can Tho province: L’Escale, Hop Pho, Newdelhi Halal Indian Food, Gony spa café lounge, Ngoi Do
- Vinh Long province : Hai San 77, ST Café, Song Tien, Jollibee Coopmart Vinh Long, Thien Tan
- My Tho province: Bo De Quan, Ngoc Gia Trang, Loc Pho, Lac Hong
- Ben Tre province: 3D Coffee, Ninh Kieu, Jollibee Ben Tre, Truc Giang.
- Cai Rang floating market
- Can Tho market
- Sa Dec market
- Phong Dien floating market
- Can Duoc market
- Tiny Corner café
- Café Roma
- Bar Xeloi Club
- XK Club
- Café Java